Today was my second doctor's appointment. Everything seems to be going smoothly but there is a minute concern so my nurse-practitioner recommended another ultra-sound. I'm excited to see my baby again. My pregnancy is going well except for my stuffy nose that makes it very hard to breathe so I had few nights of troubled sleep. The allergy season is also adding to this so it has been tough couple of weeks. Even though my belly is showing, my weight has increased only half a pound. The baby's heart is beating 164 beats per minute and he/she is 4.4 cm. That is all the details I got from the ultra-sound. We saw the head, body, legs, arms and the heart. My due date is changed to Oct. 11. Hope the baby will come out sooner than that. It is comforting to know that God already knows the day and the time of the baby's arrival. How dependent we are upon our Creator as the Psalmist says in Psalm 71:6 "Upon you I have leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of you." Isn't it amazing that our babies in our wombs are leaning on God and that it is He who takes them out!!!
So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come. (Psalm 71:18)
So may we like the Psalmist humbly entreat our Lord so we can proclaim His might to another generation and His power to all those to come. My mom had a great way of telling us kids of how we were born. She did not give any biological details but purely of how God placed each of us in her womb, how she got to the hospital, who was with her that night or day, how God brought us out, when daddy came to visit and all the little details a kid would be interested to know. I remember how we heard it so often and yet asked her to repeat it again and again. Each story was special and I thank God for a faithful mom like her. Speaking of my mom, last week she went into ICU for heart problems and I only came to know few days later because they didn't want to stress me out. She is home now and I hope and pray that God will grant her few more years to see my children.
3 comments:
I'll be praying for your mom's health, Jo!
Thanks for the update. Little Baby Savage looks so cute and I can't wait to hear more about your next ultrasound.
Joanna, I actually think your new haircut suits you very well. I told Zhenya how great it looks on you.
Post a Comment