And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 2 Cor. 3:18
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
From Visakhapatnam
We are sitting here in Sam's nice office with full speed internet. The evening after the wedding my sister and brother-in-law took us shopping. It is Indian tradition to buy new clothes for a newly married couple. We did a whole lot of shop hopping trying to find an Indian outfit for Cameron. We couldn't find any so we gave up. It was good to spend that time with my sister and brother-in-law. The kids are getting used to their new uncle and started playing with him. I took Cameron to the school that I attended as a kid and also worked as a librarian. We met some of the teachers and it was fun to show him around. My mom's favorite job is to feed us as much as she can. She is always asking me to ask my husband if he wants to eat this or that. Neither of us are sick this far except I have a sore throat. Cameron gave his testimony on Sunday and my dad translated it for a little bit but I took over since he was missing words here and there. After the church service, my parents wanted to show their joy by making us sit in the front and garlanding us. This city is developed in the past three years. There are lots of cars on the road, apartments everywhere, big grocery stores and ATMs. As far as I can see, Cameron is enjoying showers from the buckets and eating lots of rice and curries. He gets lot of stares in general, especially the poor looking at him in expectancy. I have gotten used to paying more than normal for transportation and for tips. Cultural and spiritual lives are very confusing here. There is a lack of teaching of practical christian life and there is no regard for the law. Even christians take dowry, which is illegal and hire servants who are below legal age-limit. We are leaving tomorrow to go to Bangalore to visit David and his fiance and be back on 24th. Until then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Akka, I miss you... I am so happy you both are having a great time. God bless you & have a merry Christmas...
Naomi
Post a Comment